English information page of Darmzelftest.nl
Darmzelftest.nl offers a feacal
occult blood test (FOB-test) for home use. Faecal blood can
indicate different gastrointestinal disorders.
FOB-test(s) can be ordered for only 15,- Euro on this website, using this form. International shipping fees apply to anywhere outside Holland.
1. This test is exclusively intended to in vitro diagnostic. External use only. DO NOT SWALLOW.
2. Carefully read the instructions before performing the test. The test is only reliable if the instructions are carefully respected. Respect the indicated number of drops and times.
3. Keep stored between +4°C and +30°C. Do not freeze the test.
4. Do not use after the expiry date indicated on the label and the pouch. Do not use the test if the protective aluminium pouch is damaged.
5. Do not re-use Poly-Check test.
6. Keep out of the reach of children.
7. Important: Women must not perform the test during menstrual periods to avoid false positive results due to menses blood.
Before performing the test, stool samples must be collected following the instruction below:
A – Sample collection
Repeat steps 1 to 5.
Repeat steps 1 to 5.
B- Test realization after the 3 days collection period of samples
9. Read the result at 10 minutes. Do not interpret after 15 minutes.
The intensity of the line colour does not have any importance for the interpretation of the test result.
1. Positive result
2. Negative result
3. Non valid result
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
How does Poly-Check work?
Gastro-intestinal lesions are often bleeding. The blood can be detected specifically by Poly-Check in the faeces. The presence of blood can be explained by several causes: ulcers, haemorrhoids, colorectal cancer. The probability for intermittent bleeding to be detected is increased by the procedure of sample collection over 3 running days.
When can this test be used?
Poly-Check test can be performed at any time of the day before having a motion.
Can the results be incorrect?
The results are accurate as far as the instructions are carefully respected. Nevertheless, the result can be falsified if Poly-Check test gets wet before test performing or stool collecting steps are not correctly performed or if the sample is contaminated with blood from other origins than faeces (cuts, haemorrhoids, menses etc…) or if an incorrect number of drops is dispensed in the sample well.
How to interpret the test if the colour and the intensity of the lines are different?
The colour and intensity of the lines have no importance for result interpretation. The lines should only be homogenous and full.
What is the line that appears under the mark C (Control) for?
When this line appears, it only means that the test correctly worked, but it does not play any role in result interpretation.
What do I have to do if the result is positive?
If the result is positive, it means that blood has been detected in the stool sample and that you should consult a doctor to show the test results. Then, the doctor will decide what you have to do.
What do I have to do if the result is negative?
If the result is negative, it means that the test could not detect blood in stool sample. Meanwhile for the patients aged of 45 years and over or having relatives suffering from colorectal cancer, it is recommended to perform a test every year.
Manufactured by VEDA.LAB
Rue de l’Expansion - ZAT du Londeau - Cerisé
BP 181 - 61006 ALENCON